Assessment refers to work you submit and receive a grade for.
On your learnonline course site an assessment is generally identified with this icon or if it's a quiz, with this icon - be sure to check with your Course Coordinator to identify the assessments for your courses.
Assessment means the same thing as Assignment.
Turnitin is a system that checks your work against that of others to help you avoid plagiarism.
Gradebook is a term used sometimes to refer to assessments and marking generally.
Watch the video on how to submit an assignment and check out the Table of Contents on the left for more help on assessment.
Video: How to submit an assignment
An assignment cover sheet is a paper used by students when completing assignments at university for their courses. These coversheets generally contain metadata about the assignment (such as the name of the student and the course number). This aids the efficient handling of assignments. Other types of data may be included, depending on the needs of the course.
Some universities require and/or provide cover sheets in standardized formats. These are often in the form of computer files which a student can download, print, and personalize.
Cover sheets are also required by some educational entities that are not universities.
- ^"Integrating Writing Into Your Course". University of Wisconsin (Madison). Retrieved October 7, 2010. [permanent dead link]
- ^"Student Assignment CoverSheet". Illinois State University. Archived from the original on November 27, 2010. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- ^"Using the assignment cover sheet". University of South Australia. June 10, 2010. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- ^"Assignment cover sheet". Monash University. Archived from the original on February 19, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- ^"Assignment Sheets". Contra Costa County Office of Education Regional Occupation Program. Archived from the original on April 26, 2009. Retrieved October 7, 2010.